Just get out there and ride! Don't need lycra or special shoes. A helmet is optional...your choice.

I am just a guy with a love of the bicycle and a firm believer it is a viable form of transportation. The bicycle is an amazing invention. It allows a small human to transport a large load over long distances easily. It is THE MOST ENERGY EFFICIENT FORM OF TRANSPORTATION...PERIOD!!!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I can see clearly now...


that I have a new headlight on the Twenty, and I suppose I can be seen more clearly from the rear now I have a new tail light too.



The headlight is the newest Cyo from Busch and Muller
the tail light is their 4D Lite Plus I was using the B&M Retro headlight which really looks nice on a bike the age of a Raleigh Twenty, but the original Sturmey Archer Dyno hub only puts out ~2 watts at speed. The Retro light takes 2.4 watts and the tail light was an Spanninga LED and would barely glow.

Now I have lots of light! I can see and be seen. The Twenty has been getting the most use so far this year as I am working out of town and it is easy to haul along with me.

The bag on the back is a Banjo Brothers Racktop Pannier bag. It has small panniers that drop down out of the side pockets.

Aaron

6 comments:

GreenComotion said...

aaron,
which salon kool stop pad did you use for replacing the original ones on the twenty? thanks.

Peace :)

2whls3spds said...

Hi Chandra,
I used the Continentals they make a longer one but it doesn't fit well on the 20" rims.

Aaron

dcain said...

Hi Aaron,

I just received my Twenty via ebay yesterday. I have a question: Do you ever fly with your Twenty, and if so, how do you pack it? We are headed to Florida and I'd love to take it along but am unsure about a good way to pack that would work for the airlines. Thanks! There's a pic at my blog, along with a picture of John Allen's Twenty I saw at a recent bike summit.

2whls3spds said...

Hi Dave,
Never flown with the Twenty. I think it would prove to be on the heavy side and a bit large. You don't want to get whacked with oversize and overweight airline fee$. I have taken it on Amtrak in a stuff sack and it traveled as normal checked luggage. I have done that a couple of times.

Aaron

greezus chrust said...

hey-
brandon from 1lesscar.com here-
ust stumbled across your blog- good stuff!
your link was on someone's blogroll and the name caught my eye, because i have 2 bianchi folders, both with sturmey archer hubs (both missing the rest of the parts for shifting)...not sure what model they are, but they have a rear rack built in to them- pretty rad! I got them planning to fix up, but it's been awhile and i haven't gotten around to it yet. i was going to do a little research and put them on ebay or craigslist, but thought i'd give you the first shot- i'm in MI, but i'd ship them. email me if you'd like to see some pics/make an offer. thanks!
brandon at 1lesscar dot com

Tim said...

Nice! Dang I want a Twenty!