Just get out there and ride! Don't need lycra or special shoes. A helmet is optional...your choice.

I am just a guy with a love of the bicycle and a firm believer it is a viable form of transportation. The bicycle is an amazing invention. It allows a small human to transport a large load over long distances easily. It is THE MOST ENERGY EFFICIENT FORM OF TRANSPORTATION...PERIOD!!!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Part of the puzzle located!








A while back I posted a teaser photo of a Rescued Hercules. It has not been on high on the priority list for rebuild. My day job keeps getting in the way of my fun! I was meandering through ebay listings and came across a gently used Hercules saddle. They don't show up very often and it was the correct one for the bike, so a bid was placed and I am now the proud owner of a very nice OEM saddle for the Herc. Yet another piece of the puzzle, a large part of the fun of dealing with vintage bikes. And I am sure the readers will agree this saddle is an improvement over the one that came with the bike!

Aaron

5 comments:

Thom said...

Oh, I don't know, the old one has its charms! Let's see some more photos of this project, too. You are entirely too stingy with your photos, sir! :)

3 Speed said...

May I recommend quitting your day job and sleeping on a couch in a small rented workshop? You can sell all the bicycles that you don't want to ride! Unless you're feeding orphans, it might also be more rewarding.

Also, yes, always more photos, of course.

Chris

2whls3spds said...

Okay guys I will work on the photos ;-)...in the mean time you can peruse my albums at Webshots eventually they will be better organized and moved to Picassa.

Aaron

Nick said...

The new saddle looks relatively OK, but I'm a bit suspicious about that seatpost you've got it mounted on!

2whls3spds said...

Nick,
That is my answer to the current crop of suspension seat posts that every manufacturer seems to think that is obligatory! Everybody knows that wood has plenty of resilience ;-)

Aaron